Reports to Chief Policy Officer, Based in Hong Kong initially, Travel required with Competitive Salary.
Major Functions: Represent, Inform, Connect
- Assist in devising and executing strategies and plans for advocacy of policy positions relevant to the pay-TV and online video industries, including broadcasting and internet regulatory policies and intellectual property protection.
- Distill complex issues to their essence and express them clearly both verbally and in writing to diverse audiences.
- Participate in external communications by drafting policy papers and analyses, as well as occasional publicity materials.
- Build consensus and support amongst stakeholders by leveraging key relationships, through a combination of close liaison and fact-based argument.
- Conduct and oversee research on:
– Asian legal and regulatory frameworks for the pay-TV and online video and associated advertising / technology industries
– Global and regional best practices in regulation and policy development
– Intellectual property protection in Asian Markets (frameworks and market realities).
– Industry development in Asian markets
- Write/edit and supervise production of high-quality, detailed reports and advocacy materials.
- Analyze issues and policy approaches across many markets; synthesize concise supporting cases for policy positions based on best practices and industry conditions, supplemented by market-specific information.
- As appropriate, engage in on-site research and liaison with CASBAA member companies and industry players in various Asian markets.
Member Services and Event Support
- Networking – Work across national borders and cultural barriers, at all levels of seniority, to gather information and advocate CASBAA member interests
- Content creation — Drive conception and production of digital/graphic/online/print media that presents information on policy-related matters effectively to support member engagement and member recruitment.
- Service – respond to member requests for information and updates about policies and conditions in regional markets
- Outreach – Manage Policy pages of CASBAA website, working with technical staff to ensure currency and topicality of information available to members
- Events – Assist, as required, in designing and managing preparation for committee meetings, seminars, conferences, roundtables, and webinars concerning policy matters and especially copyright policies
- Smart, responsive and aware – can readily spot trends and “connect the dots”
- Outstanding English communication skills; clear writing and fast editing
- Quantitative skills, especially those relevant to researching and then graphically summarizing and visually depicting data and trends, would also be preferred
- Ability to demonstrate business value of policy approaches and lobbying investment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate well with many diverse stakeholders and build coalitions
- Ability to multi-task, take forward multiple projects simultaneously, and deliver quality services within a fast-paced environment
- Interest in details of policies and the regulatory oversight of the media, technology and telecoms industries; some background in law, government, management consulting/strategy or lobbying would be preferred
- Knowledge of the copyright and/or communications industries would also be useful
- Minimum five years of experience after University in a relevant industry or government position
- Knowledge of a relevant Asian language and/or Asia-based experience would be a benefit but is not mandatory
Apply this job please Email: email@example.com