Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere.
This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Manager, Asia Pacific Government Relations, will play a central coordinating role for the Government Relations function in the Asia Pacific region and manage a significant portfolio of special projects in support of Visa executive engagement with public authorities through international partnership organizations. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with advanced knowledge of the consumer payments industry and Visa’s products, services, and global strategy. To succeed in this role, the Manager must possess very strong organizational and writing skills including the ability to develop presentations and briefing memoranda for senior executives, build and maintain databases of stakeholder contacts and correspondence, manage scheduling and advance for international delegations, and work-cross functionally with a broad range of internal and external partners. The ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently, efficiently generate high-quality deliverables for C-level executives, and instill a business improvement culture are mission critical.
Reporting to the Vice President for Government Relations Asia Pacific, the Manager will be responsible for organizing and leading team efforts on major initiatives and events, as well as designing, implementing, and sustaining group best practices utilizing the latest technology for information-sharing, documentation, and reporting. As the Manager will be frequently called upon to meet time-sensitive needs for senior executives, the successful candidate must be an excellent listener capable of quickly developing and executing plans accurately from the overall vision down to the smallest details.
The Manager will also work closely with a geographically dispersed team of Government Relations practitioners to generate weekly and quarterly reports, prepare reports for the Visa Board of Directors, and liaise with the Asia Pacific Regulatory Affairs Manager to ensure best in class compliance.
To support engagement with government partners and clients in the Asia Pacific, the Manager will work cross-functionally to support the development of experiential and educational programs for visiting government delegations. The Manager may be called upon to represent Visa before the U.S. and foreign governments as well as clients and strategic partners. S/he may also be called upon to serve as Visa’s liaison to international non-governmental organizations (e.g. APEC) and at meetings and special events as necessary.
In addition to these day to day responsibilities, the Manager will have opportunities to contribute to the development of global and regional government relations strategies as well as original content and collateral for use in advancing the government affairs objectives of Visa.
This dynamic role offers a unique opportunity for someone with special talents to contribute, grow, and excel.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-10 years of professional experience, at least three years of which involving government affairs, strategy, or communications in the consumer payments, financial technology, or retail banking industries
- Knowledge of the electronic payments industry and the role of networks in the broader financial ecosystem
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills honed through producing high-quality documents and presentations for C-Level executives on tight deadlines
- Very high proficiency in Microsoft Word, SharePoint,
- PowerPoint, and Excel required
- Familiarity with international membership organizations such as the World Economic Forum
- Proven track record of consistently productive collaboration with diverse colleagues in a highly-matrixed work environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at the highest corporate and political levels
- Strong judgment/decision-making skills and political acumen
Ability and willingness to work across multiple time zones, countries and cultures
- Intellectual curiosity, willingness to challenge conventional wisdom, and innovate without losing sight of practical deliverables