A great opportunity exists for an experienced and energetic team player who is passionate about PR and stakeholder management. Reporting to the Vice President, Public Affairs and Communications JAPA you will be responsible for the development and implementation of public affairs strategies that advance the American Express strategic objectives in Singapore.
You will lead a small team of contract PR professionals and where appropriate manage agency relationships. To be successful in this role, you will need to identify opportunities to generate positive media coverage and be proactive in managing issues to protect and enhance the American Express brand. You will build strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders both internally and externally, and become a trusted partner and adviser to business unit leaders to drive demonstrable results. In addition, you will need to drive and lead the social media agenda of American Express in Singapore. We need a professional with substance whom is also a valuable individual contributor.
- Develop and drive an aggressive public relations strategy to address key business challenges and support business growth in across American Express business units in Singapore.
- Lead the media program in the traditional and online space to generate both positive coverage and quality relationships. Manage executive interviews and serve as media spokesperson in addition to/as a substitute for business leaders
- Issues management and crisis communication leader – including a position on the American Express Crisis
- Response teams in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand.
- Drive and manage the company’s social media strategy in Singapore.
- Leverage the variety of partnerships and events undertaken across the Company with media and employees to reinforce company image and business strategy.
- Work with the Singapore Executive Team to assist in strategy development and implementation of essential employee communications in support of business goals
- Oversee the Philanthropic program in Singapore
- Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Requirements / competencies:
- A minimum of 8-10 years experience in a broad communication role with a demonstrable track record of success. A combination of in-house and agency experience is preferred.
- Extensive and relevant experience in developing and implementing communication strategies particularly in reference to issues management and consumer affairs.
- Ability to manage multiple projects within short timeframes and within changing priorities.
Outstanding project management, written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong network of current media contacts in Singapore
- The ability to think and act on-your-feet, and adapt to change is essential
- Effective and experienced leader with excellent judgment and people management skills
- Experience with social/digital media.
- Experience as a company spokesperson.
- Ability to work within matrix environment.
To apply for this job please visit the link below :