TERMS & CONDITIONS OF THE 2017 GOLD STANDARD AWARDS
NOMINATIONS OPEN ON AUGUST 1, 2017
The Gold Standard Awards are operated by Public Affairs Asia Ltd. We reserve the right to amend the processes detailed in this website without notice. Unless specifically stated these terms and conditions are subject to the laws of Hong Kong SAR.
1. Entries are encouraged from corporations, consultancies, state owned enterprises, government bodies, embassies, NGOs, think tanks, universities, chambers of commerce, trade promotion agencies and members of the government affairs, corporate communications and public affairs industries. Entries can be made on the basis of self-nomination or third-party nomination.
2. Entries should be in the name of the corporate body, agency or an individual but must also be lodged with the name of a lead contact in the event of any further information being required during the judging process. Entry packs are available for download and all entries must be received by midnight on September 30, 2017 or be subject to late entry rules (see below) by October 7, 2017.
3. Judges have been selected on the basis of professional experience. Judges will not take part in any panel considering an entry where they have a professional or personal interest. The judges’ decision is final and not subject to external review. PublicAffairsAsia will oversee the allocation of category portfolios to ensure cross sectoral, geographical and industry representation. The judging panel is subject to change without notice and the process is subject to a strict Memorandum of Understanding which is available upon request. Judges may be drawn from sponsoring organisations but are excluded from the panel for which they are the sponsor.
4. Unless stated entries should not include any content which is commercially confidential or which breaches client privacy without the prior consent of the client. PublicAffairsAsia accepts no responsibility for the transmission of such information unless expressly stated in the original entry.
5. Entries should be restricted to 1000 words. Judges reserve the right to exclude any entry which breaches this word limit.
6. No further supporting evidence is permitted unless it is a digital link to for example a video. Once entrants have been short-listed the judges can request further supporting evidence or material should they deem it necessary. This process will take place from around November 1, 2017.
7. Details of winners’ entries, and those of the short-listed entrants, will be published in a special awards edition of PublicAffairsAsia. Copyright will be retained by the entrant although PublicAffairsAsia reserves the right to republish shortlisted or winning entries in whole, in part or in edited form in printed and electronic format.
8. Before submitting entries you must pay by credit card or request an invoice online in order to generate an order payment code (this code must be included on the entry form). Once you know the total number of original and duplicate entries you are submitting please follow the link below to arrange payment. CLICK HERE to process award payments. Where the payment has not been received PublicAffairsAsia reserves the right to exclude the entry from the judging process. Once an entry fee has been processed it cannot be refunded. The entry fee is reduced to US$150 where the entry is identical to an entry lodged in another category.
9. Late entry fees of US$100 in addition to the entry fee apply to all entries received within seven days of the close of nominations. However this fee is waived providing the entry has been pre-registered by September 30, 2017.
10. Entries can be withdrawn (without refund) after the close of nominations. However it is not possible to withdraw an entry once the shortlist has been published (in the event that the entry is shortlisted).
11. Shortlisted nominees will each be entitled to attend the Gold Standard Awards reception at The Foreign Correspondents’ Club in Hong Kong on November 30, 2017.
12. The Gold Standard Awards are operated by PublicAffairsAsia – the publication of the PublicAffairsAsia network. All rights are reserved by Public Affairs Asia Ltd., Level 19, Two International Finance Centre, 8 Finance Street, Hong Kong. All rights are reserved.