PanAust announces new leadership as Connell takes PNG corp affairs role


PanAust’s Glen Connell is to move to a new corporate affairs leadership role in Papua New Guinea following the firm’s acquisition by Guangdong Rising Assets Management (GRAM).

To prepare for the development of the Frieda River Copper-Gold Project in Papua New Guinea, Connell has been appointed General Manager, Government and Community Relations for Papua New Guinea and Stacey Barlow has been appointed Executive General Manager, Projects, focusing on Frieda River.

PanAust holds an 80 per cent interest in the Frieda River Copper-Gold Project with the remaining 20 per cent held by Highlands Pacific, a company incorporated in Papua New Guinea. Frieda River is one of the largest known undeveloped copper and gold deposits in the world.

Glen Connell, PanAust

Glen Connell, PanAust

Connell will initially support all aspects of the approvals process for the Frieda River Project. He joined the Company in 2010 as External Affairs Manager in Laos and has served most recently as Group Corporate Affairs Manager since January 2014.

Connell is a corporate affairs specialist with over 10 years’ experience as an Australian diplomat and mining industry professional.

As Group Corporate Affairs Manager based in Brisbane, Connell was responsible for communications across the group, as well as government relations in Australia and the near region.

PanAust, an Australian incorporated company that is owned by Guangdong Rising H.K. (Holding) Limited which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Guangdong Rising Assets Management Co. Ltd (GRAM),

GRAM is a Chinese state-owned company regulated under the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission, the People’s Government of the Guangdong Province in China.