We are seeking a director to lead our eight-member office in Yangon, Myanmar, and portfolio of Myanmar-focused client work.
The role will require significant experience managing a team of consultants and advisors, working with government, and experience with the political landscape in Myanmar and broader Southeast Asia. It will also demand strong analytical and communication skills and ability to work in a multicultural setting.
Vriens & Partners is Southeast Asia’s leading government affairs advisory firm, with over 70 staff and 30 senior counsellors across eight offices in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar, Malaysia, Cambodia and the Philippines. We enjoy deep and high-trust relationships with the highest levels of government, and with stakeholders along the entire policymaking chain. Our work meaningfully advances our clients’ business by co-developing Government Affairs strategies built on nuanced insights into the political and economic dynamics specific to each market.
• Lead and execute Myanmar-focused client advisory work, including the development and execution of full-scale government affairs strategies for Fortune 50 multinationals;
• Manage team of experienced government affairs consultants and advisors;
• P&L responsibility for Vriens & Partners’ Yangon office;
• Maintain and expand extensive source networks among Myanmar’s public and private sectors;
• Lead development of analytical and strategy deliverables;
• Lead engagement with both clients’ in-country teams and regional and global executives;
• Lead Myanmar-focused business development.
• Contribute to the growth of the office and the firm as a whole
• At least ten years working experience, with at least five years experience in a consultancy;
• Experience in government relations or public policy;
• P&L experience;
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to exercise sound judgment;
• Excellent project management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks;
• Academic background in Political Science, Law, Journalism, History, Political Economy, or International Relations;
• Experience in management of international staff, and awareness of and sensitivity to local cultural norms and government protocol.
• Schedule: Monday – Friday (full time)
• Travel: Occasionally
Interested candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position being applied for in the subject line. Please include a cover letter and current resume.
Vriens & Partners is the premier government affairs and political risk consulting firm in Southeast Asia. Our clients are leading multinationals, business associations, and non-governmental organizations. We employ over 70 people of 12 nationalities, and operate across 11 countries and territories. We offer our consultants a challenging and dynamic working environment and exposure to multiple industry sectors, in a young and growing consulting firm.