Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience.
We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
- The candidate will be the CA lead for Thailand and part of the CA Asia-Pacific team. S/he will report to the VP of CA Asia-Pacific.
- S/he will have primarily a government relations focus.
- The main responsibilities will be to drive all CA activities in Thailand to enhance the Cargill brand & support the success of Cargill businesses in Thailand.
- The candidate will be the primary Cargill representative with national government officials in Bangkok.
- She /He will also lead external communications management & support internal communications working with the Singapore-based communication team.
- She /He will work with the country rep & businesses in-country to implement activities.
- She /He will also play a coordinating role with CR activities in the country with the support the regional CR lead.
- The responsibilities are to develop a CA work plan & budget for all Thailand businesses in all CA practice areas.
- The candidate will represent Cargill in industry forums, government agencies and business missions and will also be involved in corporate programs such as CEO visits, CR activities, brand building and sustainability programs.
- Work with & support the businesses in Thailand, primarily in government relations, external communications, CR, and issues management. (50%)
- Establish and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders in Thailand. This includes government officials, NGOs, trade associations, media and think-tanks. Work closely with the trade associations and industry forums to identify emerging trends in policy and manage issues. (25%)
- Lead external communication strategy & execution in the country, working with the country rep & regional communications to enhance the Cargill brand. Also support internal communications. (20%)
- Crisis management. (5%)
Essential Functions/ Requirements:
- Strong understanding of Thailand government and regulatory processes
- Understanding of government policies, international issues and trade environment
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Good English communication abilities
- Able to operate and execute with high levels of ambiguity
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks running concurrently
- Ability to connect the dots and get the right perspective
- High ethics and able to achieve goals adhering to our Guiding Principles
- Business acumen
Education, Experience, Skills:
- College degree (preferably in public affairs, communications or international relations)
- 7-10 years’ experience in CA/ Policy advocacy/ GR
- Worked in organizational structure with strong business units in managing their risks, supporting growth plans and in service delivery
- Exposure to communications, CR and brand in previous jobs is desirable
- Work experience with a multinational company is desirable
- Good English communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Work in a fast paced environment
- Able to juggle several assignments at one time
- Able to prioritize work
- Able to develop a business plan for the function
- Operate without immediate supervisor being in-country
- Build alignment internally and externally
- Post graduate (preferably in International Relations, International Trade etc.)
- MBA or Law degree
- Worked for an agriculture or food company in Thailand
- Worked for a complex, multinational organization
- Active role in CR strategy and activities in previous jobs
- Strong exposure to internal and external communications in previous job
- Branding experience in the business to business segment
- Communications – both internal and external
- Work without much direct supervision by supervisor
- Project planning, execution and budgeting
Please apply for the job here.