Vriens & Partners is a corporate advisory firm headquartered in Singapore with offices in Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Philippines. We specialize in government affairs, public policy, and political risk analysis in Southeast Asia.
We provide expert analysis of pressing public policy issues, strategies for engaging key stakeholders, independent appraisals of the political risk associated with existing and potential investments, strategic communications services and risk communications counsel, and risk assessment and management.
We are seeking a consultant to join our growing team in Singapore on a full-time basis. This candidate will be an effective analyst and be able to carry out research on a wide variety of issues relevant to clients, in addition to possessing strong communication, organizational, and teamwork-related skills.
Vriens & Partners is the premier government affairs and political risk consulting firm in Southeast Asia. Our clients are leading multinationals, business associations, and non-governmental organizations. We employ over 50 people, of 12 nationalities, and operate across 11 countries and territories. We offer our consultants a challenging and dynamic working environment and exposure to multiple industry sectors, in a young and growing consulting firm.
- Support senior consultants;
- Assist the preparation of analytical reports and presentations;
- Conduct research on a wide variety of regulatory and economic issues, including through desk research, and primary source research;
- Participate in presentations to clients;
- Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident preferred, with a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Political Science, Journalism, History, Political Economy, or International Relations;
- Three to four years relevant work experience, preferably in government, public affairs consulting, journalism, or think tanks;
- Strong time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Motivated self-starter, team player, eagerness to contribute to firm’s growth;
- Awareness of and sensitivity to local cultural norms and government protocol;
- Willingness to be seconded to offices around Southeast Asia as required.
- Location: Singapore
- Schedule: Monday – Friday (full time)
- Travel: Occasionally
Interested candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position being applied for in the subject line. Please include a cover letter and current resume.